Thursday, May 21, 2009

Spring!

It must be Spring, cuz new things are coming up everywhere!




Richard and I plant
ed raised beds this year and then decided to start everything from seeds. It's been months and every morning I watch him patiently watering the beds, which forever were just dirt! I started to think we should go and get some plants, just so we'd have "something" to water...but he just kept assuring me that good things take time. And sure enough we had our first "organically grown" zucchini tonight - I'm still tasting that incredible flavor! Corn has sprouted but the tomato plant is still a baby. We put a cage over it to make it think it's a big boy and grow into it...we can only hope! After seeing Gail's I almost wanted to sneak in their back yard and take a picture and call it mine. Hummmm, I think we may have an ongoing theme - claiming what's your's is mine?


Talking about "good things take time", the judipatuti order of fabrics and patterns came in Wed. and when Susan told me she'd open after work if I wanted to see them...I didn't hesitate! We were just like sisters at Christmas oohing and aahing at all the cool prints and colors. Can't remember the last time a big box held such excitment! I had even forgotten what I ordered, so it was even more fun...thank you "senior moments".



We had fun picking our Mommie and Me dress combinations of yarn and fabrics running back and forth from yarn wall to fabrics to see what combinations of colors looked the best! Here's a picture of our first little girl's yarn/fabric dress. It's just precious! I took it to work and all the Momies and Aunts wanted to buy it - right then and there! I think we have a hit on our hands with the 30 somethings.




Now it's all about making the samples and putting the fixtures together - installing the casters and covering the foam core for the display boards. Here's pictures of my "outback" in full build it mode!

Marcia and Susan and I had our first "lets look at the floor layout" last week and I think we came up with some great ideas for bead and fabric locations in the yarn section.

It truely feels like Spring is here - new beginnings - baby starts - the ever exciting dreams of what may come! And to always remember...Good Things Take Time!


4 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh, how exciting!! It is all becoming a reality instead of just a dream. Can't wait to see them!

    As for Joe's tomato tricks I know he is willing to share. But, as Briana said yesterday, no one grows tomatoes like Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post! So glad we get to memorialize this adventure in our blog...thank you Marcia for the set up. It's our history book. Have you ever seen a happier face than Judy's when she's up to her neck in fabric?!# I think not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God, that is it the fabric I've been lusting after, the Tina Givens, the onein Susan's hands, the brown with lime green and birds which you can't see in the picture. I need some of that, not a clue what to do with it, nowhere in my house does it go, but I have to have some!
    A vegetable garden, wow.....nothing like a homegrown tomatoe, too bad I didn't plant any...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking at all the happiness that's being created there is making me feel so special to be a small part of something so big (though my part is really one of cheer-helper right now). Congratulations on everything coming together so beautifully. I love the happy smiling faces fondling the fabrics. This is a really special time for the Grove Girls, and a treat to read about it here on the blog.

    We are having an incredible time here at Lantana Ranch. This spot is beautiful beyond belief. The boys are having a great time ATV-ing and canoeing down the private river that runs through the 100 square miles of property our friend's own. That's only one property of 4 they own here. Today we traveled 1/2 hour to a 220 head cattle farming land with a stone stagecoach building they just finished renovating. Beautiful beyond words. Santa Cruz is coming close to being my 2nd favorite spot on earth!

    Enjoy all the fun happenings at the Grove. I can't wait to stop by soon and see all the fabrics!

    xo to all...

    ReplyDelete