Saturday, May 16, 2009

Dreams become reality

Today the dream that we've talked about is coming closer to reality, there will be beads at the Grove. Momentum has begun!

Susan sent me Alex. She is everything Susan said, earnest, smart, pleasant, a quick study.

Together we developed the system and we selected, priced, weighed, bagged, labeled and recorded 32 colors of size 11 beads. Lot's more work to be done before it will be a store's worth, but Alex is coming again next week and the next and I think I may be able to target a July 1st timeframe.

Feast your eyes on progress....


MadDesigns.....I like it!

4 comments:

  1. It is a dream. So happy to see it really happening. I saw your partner Judy when she came flying into The Grove yesterday afternoon where Melody and I were knitting. She was grinning like a little kid, pulling yarns to go with fabric, talking about all the fabric and patterns she has ordered. Talking about fixtures and display ideas. You know Judy, give her a project and watch her take off! It is all quite exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just great, Marcia. I can't wait for MAD Beads at the Grove! That Alex is a great girl. Did you know I used to take Yoga from her mom when I lived in our NP house? She teaches in her home, winter inside and summer in their lovely back yard. Also, Randi (her mom) is a great musician, plus she started having my massage therapist massage her too. Crazy, these worldly connections!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how exciting! I can't believe what you accomplished in one day and I am overjoyed that Alex is helping you. A jewel for a jewel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS is totally amazing! It's like I'm caught in a creative whirlwind with the best group of inspiring and "make it happen" women I've ever been with! I love what you're doing Marcia - MadDesigns - Perfect!

    j

    ReplyDelete